A LASER is an intense red beam of light energy, which when comes into contact with any soft tissue, can remove or shape the tissue. Lasers can be used as effective treatment of wide range of dental problems.
PROCEDURES IN WHICH LASERS ARE USED.:
- Gum disease. Lasers are used to cut and reshape gums
- Teeth whitening: Lasers are used to enhance in-office teeth whitening procedures. A bleaching solution, applied to thetooth surface, is ''activated" by LASER, which enhance teeth whitening process.
- To expose partially erupted wisdom tooth.
- It can remove bacteria during root canal treatment procedures.
- Biopsy or lesion removal. Lasers can be used to for biopsy
Compared to the traditional dental procedures, lasers:
- Less pain.
- Eliminates the need for anesthesia, in some instances
- Minimize bleeding and swelling during soft tissue treatments
- Quick recovery